httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Jibe <pete.j...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP Rewrite to HTTPS proxy works but direct HTTPS doesn't proxy
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 17:24:27 GMT
Hello,

I've got an Apache SSL installation (v2.2.15 on OEL6.4) that proxies data
to a back-end Glassfish installation.

Within httpd.conf I've got a rewrite rule set up (I've got 4 IP
VirtualHosts set up, just testing with one):

  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond   %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.yippyskippy.com/ClusterTester$1 [L,R]

And the ssl.conf file that performs the proxy pass:

   ProxyPass        /ClusterTester/ http://x.x.x.x:xxxx/ClusterTester/
   ProxyPassReverse /ClusterTester/ http://x.x.x.x:xxxx/ClusterTester/

If we navigate to the HTTP address it rewrites to HTTPS and then correctly
passes traffic to the Glassfish server and we see the test web app.

If we navigate directly to the HTTPS URL it instead attempts to display the
dummy DocumentRoot set up in the ssl.conf file for this VirtualHost instead
of proxying the data to the Glassfish server.

Any help on what it is  I'm missing or have misconfigured would be
appreciated.  If there's additional info that you need just let me know and
I'd be happy to provide what obfuscated data I can.

Regards,

~Pete_Jibe