httpd-users mailing list archives

From Geir Engebakken <geir.engebak...@evry.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with DavLockDB - file not found
Date Wed, 29 May 2013 14:22:15 GMT
Hi,

We have upgraded our  Subversion installation with Apache 2.2.3on our RedHat 6.3   and uses
this for a maven-sites DAV location like this :

DavLockDB /tmp/davlockdb

<Location /maven-sites>
  Dav On

  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Maven sites"
  AuthUserFile /home/csvn/mavensiteusers

  <LimitExcept GET OPTIONS>
  require valid-user
  </LimitExcept>

</Location>

I have ensured that the davlockdb file is owned by User and Group running the Apache server,
and access bits are ok, however when trying to publish to /maven-sites we get an error in
the  apache logs :

[Wed May 29 16:14:01 2013] [error] [client 153.110.147.25] The locks could not be queried
for verification against a possible "If:" header.  [500, #0]
[Wed May 29 16:14:01 2013] [error] [client 153.110.147.25] (2)No such file or directory: Item
not found  [500, #15]

The strange thing here is that we have stopped Apache, removed the davlockdb file, restarted
and verifies that the file is created :

[root@edbdvap02 conf]# ls -l /tmp/davlockdb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 csvn csvn 12288 May 29 14:55 /tmp/davlockdb

So how come we get the "No such file or directory" when the lock is being used, when apache
manages to create the file ok? Beats me!

Any ideas are most welcome,we  have googled a lot but all similar errors seems to be resolved
by permission issues in one way or another, but don't see how this is related here, although
the error in the log seems very clear......

Vennlig hilsen
Geir Engebakken
Sjefskonsulent , Financial Services
geir.engebakken@evry.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@evry.com>
M +47 959 99 268

[cid:image001.png@01CD06BB.53A8B9F0]
evry.com
_________________________

EVRY AS
Besøksadresse: Nedre Skøyenv. 26 0212 Oslo
P.O. Box 494 Skøyen, 0213 Oslo
T +47 06500

EVRY er det nye navnet til EDB ErgoGroup. EVRY kombinerer bransjeinnsikt og kompetanse som
kjennetegner et ledende nordisk IT-selskap med lokal kunnskap og fleksibilitet.

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are
the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient),
you may not use, copy, print, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message, the attachments
hereto or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message with any attachments.