httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rafnews <raf.n...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] users file/folder access outside public_html
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 11:39:51 GMT
Hi,

i'm facing a problem and i don't know where to start and in fact, how to
do it.

Situation:
Users of my website should be able to save their resume files + cover
letters on my webserver.

problem:
how to make their files SECURED from any hack ? I mean only files' owner
and web administrator (so in this case... myself) should have access to
those files.
Nnever "user B" should be able to access, read or download files of
"user A".

my guess:
i was thinking to store files outside public_html folder, in the
following way:

/resumes/user A/resume A
/resumes/user A/cover letter A

/resumes/user B/resume B - US
/resumes/user B/resume B - ES
/resumes/user B/cover letter B

Questions:
1. how can i allow user to have access to folder/files outside public_html ?
2. how can i secure that "user A" has access to "his own files ONLY" ?

i searched on internet for some help but i did not find anything really
revelent...only theory and no really in details.

I need your help.
thx.