httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Mansfield <apa...@dm.cobite.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_form and original POST body
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 18:13:06 GMT
Hi All:

I'm using apache 2.4.4 compiled on Centos 6.3 and attempting to use
mod_auth_form for "inline login with body preservation".

The problem is that the POSTed body (from the original/unauthenticated
page) is lost forever when the login page is rendered, so it seems
impossible to know what to put for the value of the httpd_body variable.

I have tried both a cgi and a mod_include based script.   I have

KeptBodySize 65536

along with one of

ErrorDocument 401 /cgi-bin/login.cgi

or

ErrorDocument 401 /login.shtml

How can I access the original POST data during the login page rendering
in this scenario?

It seems the fundamental problem is the ErrorDocument handler is
discarding the POST during internal redirect...

--
Thanks,
David Mansfield