httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: 2.4 mime magic gives 100 pc utilization
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 13:31:01 GMT
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Nick Edwards <nick.z.edwards@gmail.com>wrote:

> bump:
> and we also found it on a cgi file
>
> original:
> As subject says, we are experiencing 100% utilization of some 2.4.4 servers
>
> this always results in error from mod_mime_magic
> it happens on ISO files as well - the biggest issue on mirror server,
> but an example is
> mod_mime_magic: read failed from uncompress of /ftpmirrors/bind/mkdir
>
> tested this myself from home, and lynx reports waiting for content,
> just sits there forever, whilst cpu on server goes into overdive
>
> never had this problem on earlier versions.

why is mod_mime_magic being used at all?  it is known to be a dog

is a mime type missing from your isos that was present in your pre-2.4
setup?  was the path to the magic file commented out or missing from your
pre-2.4 setup but present in your 2.4.4 configuration?  was the loadmodule
for mod_mime_magic.so commented out or missing from your pre-2.4 setup?