httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Albert <...@netrition.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Deny by IP address unsuccessful
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:25:48 GMT
On 4/27/2013 10:28 AM, Angela Barone wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2013, at 7:18 AM, Martin Hasicek wrote:
>> Just put allow from all to the bottom of configuration. You have order deny, allow
so your config should look same :-)

> Hi Martin,
>
> 	Thank you for your reply.  I'm pretty sure I had tried that before, but I just changed
it as you suggested and I'm still able to get in.  It's not blocking my IP address.  :\

You want
order allow, deny

Is your .htaccess at the proper directory level with the resource you
want to block?

If there are .htaccess files at sublevels that could be your problem.

Is .htaccess readable by your apache user?

Is Apache configured for AllowOverride with at minimum Limit at the
appropriate level?

Jim