httpd-users mailing list archives

From How7 <how0...@freeshell.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] fedora - apache
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 13:27:19 GMT
On 4/13/2013 7:45 AM, georg wrote:
> I have seen some documentation that indicate that some version (2.2?)
> of Apache is
> included in the fedora dist.
> Does anyone have any information of how to find such a package and
> whether these
> are good things or if I should go for downloading other version

In a terminal on my Fedora 16 I do this to see what version I have
installed:
~>  rpm -q httpd
httpd-2.2.21-1.fc16.x86_64

2.2 is fine for me but I just use it to test my work locally.

I would use the yum package manager to see what upgrades are available.
Maybe:
~>  yum check-update httpd

View the yum manual page for more information on package management and
updating:
~>  man yum

If you wanted a newer version than is available at the fedora upgrade
repos yum looks at you could build from source.