httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Dosch <a...@wisehippy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] fedora - apache
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 14:48:25 GMT
 I believe since around Fedora 15, all network devices take on a new
 naming convention based (see
 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ConsistentNetworkDeviceNaming).
 So looking explicitly for ifcfg-eth* in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
 would be the case if you're passing kernel boot parameter
 'biosdevname=0'.

 'lspci' had already been mentioned, and I'd also look in
 /sys/class/net/   -> see what devices were found and it will map back to
 it's PCI bus location.

 Case in point, if all that came back on 'ifconfig -a' was loopback,
 then you don't have the module loaded to support that NIC device, it's
 not bootstrapped to be an 'onboot' device, module is blacklisted
 (doubtful, but check /etc/modprobe.d), or something else I'm entirely
 overthinking or not grasping this morning.

 -A