httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Upgrade Question ...
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:22:36 GMT
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:44:33PM +0000, CR Rajesh wrote:
>       I'm currently running Apache version Apache/2.2.11 in Ubuntu 9.04. I want to update
this to atleast Apache 2.2.24 for PCI compliance.

> Can you help me in getting the instructions for a safe and successful upgrade?

Upgrade a test box first?  Run your local regression test suite
against the test box?  Run your regular security scans against the
test box?

Keep notes as you go, to update what you did to upgrade the test box.
Merging all that together should give you step-by-step instructions
for upgrading the production box.

Then run your regression tests and security scans against the
production box(es).

There's an app for that:  your browser