httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Stimpel <pe...@yellowfox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Syslog having many lines with "httpd2-prefork: 0"
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 10:00:28 GMT
Hi all

I was checking Google many times, posted on serverfault.com with no answer so far, so maybe
somebody on this list has an idea.

Since a few days my Apache 2.2.22 is writing "httpd2-prefork: 0" into the logfile of the server
(OpenSuSE 12.2 64bit). The last change before that was to switch from the default-server-configuration
without using Virtualhosts to a virtualhost-based configuration. The change was made more
than 2 weeks ago.

It seems this is not affecting the performance at all, but I have hundreds of these lines
in my log per hour. How to solve it, and what causes this behavior?

--

Kind regards

Peter Stimpel