httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anil J <anilj.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Apache Forward Proxy with App Server Integration.
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:30:29 GMT
Hello Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to understand what could be the
interface between Proxy Server (PS) and App Server (AS) given that App
Server is a Tomcat based HTTP Servlet. Proxy Server is going to be a
mod_xxx written in C.

So my question is, what interface will be used between PS and AS? I read
about mod_proxy, mod_proxy_ajp, but they mainly provide the load balancer
or reverse proxy functionality. I want this PS to route the HTTP traffic
between Client and OS to this AS for processing.

I hope this makes my question more clear. Sorry for it not being very
specific earlier.

Thanks,

/anil.