httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Access and Error Logs Being Created Before Reaching Maximum Size or Time
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 13:59:08 GMT
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Steve Penner <stevepenner1960@gmail.com> wrote:
> BRIEF BACKGROUND
> From the Internet, users can access my web server using EITHER name
> website1.dynalias.org OR website2.dyndns.blog.com (provided by DynDNS.com
> dynamic DNS).  The VHOSTS file sends them to different document routes
> depending on the name they chose.   In addition, I can enter
> "http://localhost" and be taken to a different document root (should not be
> accessible to those outside); this too defined in VHOSTS file (see below).

I have no clue on your rotatelogs issue, but your assumption that the
'localhost' vhost is not accessible from 'outside' is incorrect. This
vhost would be accessible to anyone connecting remotely and sending a
Host header with the value 'localhost'.

If you want it to truly be only accessible locally, you should define
multiple NameVirtualHost sockets, and restrict that vhost to solely
requests from the same machine.

Eg:

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80