httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pranav Kumar Ojha <pranav.o...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Where are error logs created on windows?
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 16:40:41 GMT
Hi all,
I have recently installed latest version of Apache2.2 on windows 7. I am operating as an administrator
with username as 'adminuser' on this machine. The apache webserver is installed at this location:
'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\' on this computer and all folders
have write permission for 'adminuser'.
After installing Apache 2.2 I made sure the basic "It works!" page was shown properly and
the sample script which shows environment variables also works fine, but when I use a python-based
simple CGI script, I get 'Internal Server error', although this script works fine when run
standalone. This script only takes in a name in a text box and says hello to that name on
'Submit'.
The main problem is that in logs folder, I do not see any access logs or error logs being
created for this internal server error in the logs directory. My current 'LogLevel' is defined
as "debug" in httpd.conf.
Why are error/access logs not being written in apache's "logs" directory ? Log dir location:
'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\logs'
Thanks,Pranav