httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Forward Proxy with App Server Integration.
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 15:16:40 GMT
There are a number of webinars and preso's on the reverse proxy capability
of Apache... I would suggest you review those to get a basic
understanding, at which point we'd be better able to answer
your questions.

On Mar 6, 2013, at 10:16 PM, Igor Cicimov <icicimov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Anil J <anilj.mailing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> Note that Proxy will also be communicating with Origin Server (OS) where the content
is going to come from. At AS, I am just expecting to process the content received from OS.
So in this context, I am looking at this AS as an extension of Proxy server.

> Mind to explain what exactly this Origin Server is? Another apache or something else?
On the same box with the proxy or a different one? What kind of application are we talking
about here?

> On other words, theoretically I can implement a module and put all the logic in the AS,
but I can't do that. So I offloading the task to AS. So I need this module in between which
will talk to the AS (HTTP Servlet on the Tomcat).

> Once the message is processed by AS, I can then send it either to OS or to Client depending
on the type of message. I am not sure  how does mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http works in this
scenario.

> What do you mean by message? Is it a http client request or something else? Maybe explaining
in details what are you trying to build will make it possible for someone to give you more
specific help.