httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Forget <pierre.for...@st-donat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Errorlog for cgi and Perl
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 23:55:27 GMT
Hi,

Thank you very much, I finally got back my logs at the right place
recompiling with:

--with-mpm=prefork --enable-cgi

  I find it odd that the newer version cannot get the logs at the
right place. If you have many vhost, it must be a nightmare to have
all the logs in the same file.

Unless you pipe it to another program to get it filtered, but I think
this should be done in the first place by Apache. Am  I right in
saying that? Or is it a new way to work? I don't understand that part.

I know you can use Carp and send them to the browser, but I prefer to
have the logs internal, so, if I forget to remove the Carp directive
in a file, it could bring some security issues.

Two thumbs up for Jeff Trawick and all who took the time to give advice.

Thanks again,

Pierre Forget