httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Forget <pierre.for...@st-donat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Errorlog for cgi and Perl
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:17:54 GMT
At 20:29 2013-03-19, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I installed Apache 2.4.3  with vhosts and in the httpd.conf, for
>each vhost,  I have the usual CustomLog and  Errorlog directive:
>
>CustomLog "/httpd/domainname/logs/access_log" combined
>Errorlog "/httpd/domainname/logs/error_log"
>
>The CustomLog results go to the folder indicated as usual (in each
>vhost folder), but the Errorlog is reacting bizarre.
>
>If I make a voluntary error in my Perl script, I get in the
>/httpd/domainname/logs/error_log:
>
>[Tue Mar 19 20:19:25.500222 2013] [cgid:error] [pid 17263:tid
>2921331520] [client 24.122.245.237:56995] End of script output
>before headers: testerreur.pl
>
>And in the Apache error log
>(/httpd/usr/local/apache2/logs/error_log), I get the real error
>message that I need:
>
>syntax error at testerreur.pl line 43, near ","
>
>Problem is that I want the error logging to go the local folder of
>each vhost (which is what is happening on my other servers with
>previous versions of Apache).
>
>Much easier to debug a Perl script when the logs go into each vhost
>folder instead of going in a global error log file.
>
>Also, If I make a minor Mysql error in the Perl script, I get no
>message in the vhost folder error file, but I still get the error
>(or warning) in the global Apache error log file.
>
>Any idea where I can search?
>
>BTW, I treid to use:
>
>ErrorLog "/httpd/domainname/logs/error_log"
>
>instead of
>
>Errorlog "/httpd/domainname/logs/error_log"
>
>No joy...
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Pierre Forget

Hi,

Yes, I am using mod_cgid as per httpd.conf:

LoadModule cgid_module modules/mod_cgid.so

But, I don't see any reference to worker or MPM in the httpd.conf. If
I understand right, those are modules, so they should have a module
line in httpd.conf to get loaded.

Here is the config.nice file that was generated at compile time:

"./configure" \
"--prefix=/httpd/usr/local/apache2" \
"--enable-suexec" \
"--with-suexec-caller=WWW" \
"--with-suexec-docroot=/httpd" \
"--with-suexec-gidmin=100" \
"--with-suexec-logfile=/var/log/apache2/suexec_log" \
"--with-suexec-safepath=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin" \
"--with-suexec-userdir=HTML" \
"--with-suexec-uidmin=500" \
"--with-suexec-umask=077" \
"--with-suexec-bin=/usr/sbin/suexec2" \
"--with-perl=/usr/bin/perl" \
"--with-expat=/usr" \
"--with-ssl=/usr/bin" \
"--with-z=/usr" \
"--with-port=80" \
"--with-program-name=apache2" \
"--with-devrandom=/dev/urandom" \
"--enable-module=usertrack" \
"--enable-module=log_referer" \
"--enable-module=expires" \
"--enable-module=rewrite" \
"--enable-module=speling" \
"--enable-module=so" \

Is there any way I can get to log in the right folder?

Thanks,

Pierre Forget