httpd-users mailing list archives

From Good Guy <xfs...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: "Official" apache win32 binaries for 2.2.23
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 01:16:10 GMT

I had always believed that Apache Foundation had committed "harakiri" in
not providing the Win32/Win64 binaries because they are very popular for
developers of CMS packages.  Now you have given us the true reason of why!.

Now whoever was doing it, can he not post a final document containing
instructions so that somebody else can takeover the responsibility.  I
don't mind doing it but whenever I try do build it in VS2010, I always
get errors and so I gave up.  even VS 2012 is out now and it is a very
good package to create fast binaries.

It is in the interest of everybody if Windows binaries are provided to
increase the userbase of Apache/Php/MySQL.

On 01/02/2013 15:28, Sharpe, G wrote:
> Something similar to this got brought up not that long ago, and it seems to, well, not
elicit as polite responses as one might expect from some people in the thread. Before that
happens, I'll post what I posted last time, hopefully this will explain things;
> "I think what Eric is getting at is that the Apache Foundation doesn’t provide any
*official* win32 binaries – the ones that are available for download are actually ones done
by a community member and then merely hosted on the foundations website.
> Presumably the lack of 2.4 binaries is because whoever was doing them has stopped?"
>
> Now as you may have guessed this was to do with 2.4 binaries, but the lack of 2.2.23
binaries will be for the same reason.
> Apache Lounge would be your best bet to get a binary it seems.
> Hope that helps.

binaries from the 'official' repo is convenient I think.
> --
> Mike

Good Guy
Website: http://mytaxsite.co.uk