httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kumar Bijayant <bijayant....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Certificate mismatch error
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:04:21 GMT
Hi Edward,

Yes, the intermediate certs have been set up on the Apache server.

By any chance you know what else information can I ask from client to pin
point their/DB problem?

Thanks & Regards,
Bijayant Kumar

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Edward Quick <edwardquick@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Bijayant,
>
> You don't need another certificate if xyz.com is a subject alternate name
> of the primary certificate abc.com, so your understanding there is
> correct.
> Is the intermediate certificate set up?
>
> Regards,
> Edward.
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:49:45 +0530
> From: bijayant.mws@gmail.com
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: [users@httpd] Certificate mismatch error
>

> Hello List,
>
> I have an issue to connect SSL enabled site to Oracle database server. Let
> me explain you with an example here.
>
> My website name is abc.com and it has another name as well say xyz.comand that is listed
in additional DNS name field of certificates. Primary
> name is abc.com only.
>
> Now client is saying
>
> The Certificate was installed into a Wallet-Manager of the ORACLE-DB.
> I need this Certificate for a communication between ORACLE-DB to the
> Webserver. When the ORACLE DB communicate with the the Webserve, the
> following error massage was created:
> *ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1029*
> *ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure (-29273)*
> Now they are asking me to create a new certificate with the name xyz.comonly. But as
far as my knowledge goes, this should not create any issue as