httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Beijen <michiel.bei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Changing the MPM
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:20:08 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM, yogesh hingmire
<yogesh.hingmire@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently bought a new Mac book pro, the apache server that comes inbuilt is with a
prefork option, here is below listing

> Yogeshs-MacBook-Pro:sbin yogesh$ httpd -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> However i want to change it to worker mpm.

The httpd that comes with OS X is prefork, there is not much you can
do about it.

> What are my options, do i have to download a fresh apache distribution and recompile
and then specify that option in the ./configure script.
> I thought there was another option using the loadmodule directive to dynamically change
the mpm.

Not for the MPM, it is compiled in.

> I really dont want to recompile and start from zero to change the mpm.

You can use macports to make it a little less painful.

On RHEL, you can switch the MPM by means of configuration, but what
they actually do is ship multiple httpds and let you choose the one to
start:

$ ls -l /usr/sbin/http*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 341200 feb 13  2012 /usr/sbin/httpd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 356536 feb 13  2012 /usr/sbin/httpd.event
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 353112 feb 13  2012 /usr/sbin/httpd.worker

$ /usr/sbin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c