httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Beijen <michiel.bei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: "Official" apache win32 binaries for 2.2.23
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:28:21 GMT
Op 2 feb. 2013 12:57 schreef "Nick Kew" <nick@webthing.com> het volgende:

> When you install a binary through apt, pkg, yum, or any of those systems,
> what you are installing is a third-party build from some distributor who
is
> expert in the particular system you're installing on.  Grabbing a windows
> binary from ApacheLounge would seem to be much the same thing.

Agreed. So maybe it would help if these would be linked from the httpd
website. The Linux distros come with their own manual which explains all
about installing and using apache, typically. Windows users miss out of
that, and I think it might be in apaches interest to also provide their
popular web server software easily for a popular server platform.

--
Mike