httpd-users mailing list archives

From Igor Cicimov <icici...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trouble enabling mod_perl on Ubuntu 12.04
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 03:05:26 GMT
On 21/02/2013 12:11 PM, "Eric Covener" <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Alois Mahdal
> <alois.mahdal.1-ndmail@zxcvb.cz> wrote:
> > Hello to all!
> >
> > My friend is having problems enabling mod_perl on his Ubuntu 12.04
> > server.
> >
> >     him@there:~$ sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-perl2
> >     Reading package lists... Done
> >     Building dependency tree
> >     Reading state information... Done
> >     libapache2-mod-perl2 is already the newest version.
> >     0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> >     him@there:~$ a2enmod mod_perl
> >     ERROR: Module mod_perl does not exist!
> >     him@there:~$
> >
> > Any suggestions what is missing?
>
> Bad guess for the module name. You don't have to guess, though --
> a2enmod can list the available modules, or you can list the contents
> of the libapache2-mod-perl2,

Or if even that doesn't work for you, edit the httpd.conf file your self
and add LoadModule line for it, just copy-paste existing one and change the
module name you got above. I think you also might need to copy or symlink
over the module to the modules-enabled dir if it exists can't remember now.
It's debian thing don't ask ... Basically thats what a2enmod command does
for you and i think its good to understand how it works.