httpd-users mailing list archives

From Prajwal Manjunath <praj...@elitmus.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Decoupling of Proxy config?
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 11:31:07 GMT
Our primary vhost is getting pretty large, and a lot of it are ProxyPass
and ProxyPassReverse entries.

I was looking for a way to externalize them. I tried the following:

- Simply placing those directives externally
- Placing those directives externally and changing the first parameter from
a relative url to absolute url (using servername)
- Placing them in a vhost with the same servername as main vhost in another
file

But none of these worked. Either Apache would completely ignore them, or it
would crash with "[error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider
raising the MaxClients setting".

The mod_proxy documentation species the server config as a possible context
for these directives, but gives no examples of them. Does anyone know if
this is possible? And if so, what am I yet to try?