httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saxa Egea <s...@saxa.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 Configure with ldap support
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 07:20:11 GMT
Try to compile apr and apr-util yourself...

Don't use the one in the source distro.

Then you'll be able to use LDAP.

   Saxa

On 15/02/13 11:43, Smith, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure 2.4.3 and am havinf some issues with the ldap
> intergration.
>
> I am trying to ultimately configuring this installation as a multi
> purpose (proxy and subversion with ldap)
>
> I have extracted the latest apr and apr-util releases into
> httpd/srclib/apr and  httpd/srclib/apr-uti. My Configure command is as
> follows
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/apache2 --enable-ldap  --enable-authnz-ldap
> --enable-mods-shared=most --enable-proxy --enable-ssl --enable-rewrite
> --with-mpm=worker --enable-dav_svn --with-included-apr
> --with-pcre=/usr/local/pcre --with-ldap
>

> I get the following error
> checking for ldap support in apr/apr-util... no
> configure: WARNING: apr/apr-util is compiled without ldap support
> checking whether to enable mod_authnz_ldap... configure: error:
> mod_authnz_ldap has been requested but can not be built due to
> prerequisite failures
>
> I have found multiple posts online with responses stating adding the
> --with-ldap to the configure passes through and configures the ldap
> support in the apr-util but this does not work for me.
>
> If I remove the ldap support the configuration completes without
> error, and if I run just the ldap configuration I get the same error.
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/subversion/apache2 --with-included-apr
> --with-ldap  --enable-ldap  --enable-authnz-ldap
>

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> *Mitchell Smith
> *
>
> The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may
be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient
> and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
email and delete the message and any attachments.
> If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise
use the information contained in this email.
> Cable&  Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor
all email communications through their networks to