httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Johnson <...@indietorrent.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd-2.2.23-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi is not available?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 01:27:10 GMT

On 2/19/2013 8:14 PM, Yoshinori Sano wrote:
> I'm searching for httpd-2.2.23-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi file.
> But I cannot find it.
> The latest version I found is httpd-2.2.22-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
> in http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/ .
>
> The Apache httpd MSI binary for Windows is no more available?
>
> If so, I need to make an MSI binary that contains Apache httpd
> for myself since my web-based application which is for on-premise
> package bundles the MSI binary to make it easy to setup my application
> when the user does not have installed an http server yet.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Yoshinori,

If you absolutely must have 2.2.23, have a look at
http://www.apachelounge.com/download/ . Apache Lounge is more or less
the de facto source for Windows binaries (including the most popular
third-party modules). You will need to bundle the files into MSI format
yourself, however.

The availability of binaries has been discussed on this list at great
length, and is somewhat of a sore subject, but please do be informed
that the Apache Software Foundation does not provide binaries. Generous
users create and upload them as a courtesy to the rest of us; as such,
our expectations must be kept reasonable.

Good luck with your project,

-Ben