httpd-users mailing list archives

From Riccardo Cohen <r.co...@realty-property.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] moving from mod_php to mod_fcgid : rewrite problem
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:47:46 GMT
Hi Ben

> Do other PHP scripts function as expected when executed via mod_fcgid?
> Or do they all return the error string, "No input file specified" and a
> 404 response?

Actually my website redirect all urls to /index.php, so there is only
one php file (that loads many others). This way I implement a request
controller easily.

> My PHP framework functions the same way via mod_php as it does with
> mod_fcgid and mod_fastcgi. I achieved this by using a well-known
> technique to rewrite the URLs (I place these directives into the
> site-root's .htaccess file):
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>    RewriteEngine on
>    Options All
>
>    # Modify the RewriteBase if you are using a subdirectory and the
>    # rewrite rules are not working properly:
>    # WARNING: Do not include a trailing slash on this directive if you
>    # include a path other than /!
>    #RewriteBase /
>
>    # Rewrite URIs of the form 'index.php?q=x' (except for real
>    # files/directories):
>    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>
>    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
> </IfModule>

Yes I understand now that query_string is more portable than path_info.
Thanks for the tip.

>> I'm not sure that this is a problem with the PATH_INFO variable since
>> the error occurs even before php has any chance to start executing (the
>> test.php is not executed at all in test1)
>
> This may be for the reasons outlined in the article that I cited above.
> If you'd like to post your CGI wrapper script, I'd be happy to take a
> look. Alas, you may lack access to this script, in which case, it's a
> moot point. Although, I must say, it seems unlikely that your host would
> have misconfigured the wrapper script. (Then again, we've all seen worse.)

See the answer of Benoit Georgelin, he kindly added the script to this
thread. Hoping this is the beginning of a solution. I know absolutely
nothing about these wrapper scripts.

--
Riccardo Cohen
+33 (0)6 09 83 64 49