httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Denis BUCHER (lists)" <dbuche...@hsolutions.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] Very confused about Re-negotiation request failed (and SSLInsecureRenegotiation)
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 19:09:50 GMT
Dear all,

Many users (but not all) are complaining that they can't access our SSL
webserver.

After some research I found two kind of error in apache logs :
a) Re-negotiation request failed / SSL Library Error: 336068931
error:14080143:SSL routines:SSL3_ACCEPT:unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled
b) Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not accepted by client!?

At first I really don't understand at all why this could happen ?

And secondly, I found some advices to add the "|SSLInsecureRenegotiation
on" option. Is it a solution, and is it only for very old browsers or
can it be required for still in use browsers ?

Thanks in advance for some help or any hint :-)

Best regards,