httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: "Official" apache win32 binaries for 2.2.23
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 11:57:15 GMT

On 2 Feb 2013, at 09:24, Michiel Beijen wrote:

> Still, it would be nice if Apache foundation would provide a binary build, or link to
any of these sites directly. On Linux, most people tend to apt-get or yum install their binaries,
on Windows there is no such solution.

To do that we'd need someone on the dev team willing and able to build the
windows binaries.  Many of us don't have windows at all.  Of those who do,
it seems none have stepped up to this task.

When you install a binary through apt, pkg, yum, or any of those systems,
what you are installing is a third-party build from some distributor who is
expert in the particular system you're installing on.  Grabbing a windows
binary from ApacheLounge would seem to be much the same thing.

--
Nick Kew