httpd-users mailing list archives

From "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da...@Vex.Net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unable to open logs - but NOT a permission problem
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:49:59 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:32:36 +1000
Brett Maxfield <brett.maxfield@gmail.com> wrote:
> If apache can write everything on start, and then it becomes
> unresponsive, that sounds like file handles / inodes. There wont be
> errors as likely the thread with the problem can't write logs..

No, as long as I don't touch it, it runs fine.  I can even "kill -1" to
update a config and it is still fine.  The problem only happens when I
stop the server (or it stops when I "kill -1" and there is a config
error) and then try to restart it.  The only solution seems to be a
system reboot.

> But if apache locks up hard, due to no inodes, or something else, you

Again, this is not my issue.

I'm not sure why my first message was so misunderstood.  Did I offer
so much detail that people didn't take the time to read it?  Let me
summarize if I can.

 10 Apache runs fine after a reboot
 20 I can "kill -1" as long as I didn't FU the configs
 30 If I don't touch it, Apache continues to run fine
 40 If I stop and restart Apache it gets the error.
 50 GOTO 10

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net