httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Houston <...@openstrike.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AliasMatch and permission problem
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:59:49 GMT
On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:37:12PM +0100, Gergely Buday wrote:
> Pete Houston wrote:
> > If it still fails after that, check the audit log to make sure the
> > directory has the right context.
>
> Oops, could you explain what a context is? This one:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/directive-dict.html#Context
>
> or something else?

No, I was meaning the SELinux context. If SELinux is preventing access
the details will be in the audit log. If you have just created this tree
within your home directory, it probably won't have the context Apache
expects and you might either need to change the contexts or set some
SELinux booleans to allow them.

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107