httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Coughlin, Michael J" <Michael.Cough...@opm.gov>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] internal redirects in httpd.conf
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 03:19:38 GMT
I care because I have to test again at the top of the rules for the rewritten URIs to say "ok
their fine now, get out", or they get screwed up by the re-evluation of the same rules for
some instances.

I have read further that I need to place the rules inside a <VirtualHost> to prevent
this, I used a <Directory.... to my discredit.

Unless, this is just a big waste of time, and I should leave it alone and just add my catch
rules at the top.

I'm fairly new to rewrites so I want to be sure I'm doing it right before adding dozens of
new rules.

From: Eric Covener [covener@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 9:28 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] internal redirects in httpd.conf

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Coughlin, Michael J
<Michael.Coughlin@opm.gov> wrote:
> I had many rewrite rules in .htaccess.  I discovered they were being reevaluated with
an internal direct after a rewrite.  I also read that this does not happen if you place the
rules in the httpd.config file.

> So I did, I killed the .htaccess file to be sure, and sure enough, the internal redirects
are still happening.

> Was this a lie?  Or am I missing something again......

Every rewrite is an internal redirect in htaccess.  Other features of
the server also use internal redirects.  Why do you care?