httpd-users mailing list archives

From "kev" <cyau...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Windows service & conf files not created
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:39:37 GMT
Hello all, I am trying to install Apache httpd 2.2.22 with ssl on a Windows
Vista box. The issue that I am experiencing is that the msi installer seems
to complete just fine without any error. However, the service does not get
installed and neither does the basic conf file (though what appears to be
the ssl conf file does get installed). I am an administrator on the machine
and tried using msiexec with an Administrator command prompt and this
produced no change. No errors are reported in the msiexec install log. I
note that there are several walkthroughs posted on the web about Apache and
Vista and none of them have helped (they seem to be about having admin
privileges which I've gone through and verified). Any ideas on what the
issue is here?

Thanks,
-kev