httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Dosch <a...@wisehippy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost configuration not working as expected with ePages solution
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:54:12 GMT
 On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:15:48 +0000, Tom Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Tom Frost <fro5tie@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi Adam
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> Yes, I did c/p and then replace the domains with the placeholders.
>>
>> I too noticed that there wasnt any entry for url1.mydomain.com, and
>> I have
>> been down the same process you advised of starting with one working
>> and
>> gradually adding.
>>
>> So I start off with httpd.conf and the relevant lines are:
>>
>> NameVirtualHost *:80
>>
>> Include conf.d/*.conf
>>
>> <IfDefine PROXY>
>
> Is this so that this vhost is only loaded in the case that the proxy
> module is included in Apache?
>
> If so, I would completely drop it. If the proxy_module is not
> available, your website would not work anyway, and better to be told
> that when starting apache, than apache to silently drop your vhost
> and
> start up anyway.
>
> If you did want to keep it (and I correctly guessed why it is there),
> you should replace it with this:
>
> <IfModule proxy_module>
>
> I would just drop it though.
>
> With this gone, httpd should see the url1.domain.com vhost as the
> first and default vhost, and all should work. Please test.

 Tom F, thanks for posting it all.  I was too lazy to go look back
 through the list to find the original postings of your config.

 I agree with Tom E., dump that <IfDefine PROXY>.  The chances you
 aren't going to not load the proxy module some given time I'd say are
 slim; you're setting it up for a reason, so it's needed.  Instead of
 making your configuration 'that' dynamic, if you decide not to use that
 vhost for url1 or don't use mod_proxy* for what you're doing, just
 remove it and quick change the vhost config.  Keep it simple.

 -A