httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Dosch <a...@wisehippy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost configuration not working as expected with ePages solution
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 17:36:18 GMT
 Tom,

 Sorry for the belated reply.

> The output requested is:
>
> VirtualHost configuration:
> 127.0.0.1:443 localhost (/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:81)
> wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
> *:80 is a NameVirtualHost
>  default server url2.mydomain.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:215)
>  port 80 namevhost url2.mydomain.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:215)
>  port 80 namevhost url2.mydomain.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:225)
>  port 80 namevhost url2.mydomain.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:215)
>  port 80 namevhost url2.mydomain.com
> (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:225)
> Syntax OK

 I'm assuming you copy/pasted this out and replaced the real domains to
 'protect the innocent'.  But if you didn't flub copy/paste, I --do not--
 see any indication that Apache knows what to do or will do anything
 specific when a request comes in for 'url1.mydomain.com'.  If you notice
 the output above, you will always default to 'url2.mydomain.com' for any
 HTTP request coming in on that listening service on that IP address.
 There isn't --any-- VirtualHost reference to 'url1' listed.

 I forgot what your VirtualHost containers looked like for both ur1 and
 ur2 domains, but I think you definitely just take a isolation approach
 to it:  work with one, get it working with it's own VirtualHost
 container, then add another vhost in and so on, then re-verify with
 'apachectl -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS' and from a web browser.  From there once
 you get it nailed down, then do any merging for maintenance sake on your
 .conf files.

 Hope that helps.

 -A