httpd-users mailing list archives

From <terry.coo...@sympatico.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Passing proxy authentication user name
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:08:42 GMT

I have dumped the env and it doesn't include the auth info. I have confirmed that the proxy-authorization
header is being sent by the proxy server.
I found somewhere, that I can't find again, something that implied that apache had to be compiled
with a specific option to allow it to transmit this header to the pages or scripts. I really
hope that this isn't the case as I really don't have the weeks required to get a server to
build a compile environment and gather all the bits and pieces that I'd need to do that.

> Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:23:57 +0000
> From: nick@webthing.com
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Passing proxy authentication user name
>
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:55:38 +0000
> <terry.cooper@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

> > There was a mention of REMOTE-USER, however as I understand that, it's only there
if authentication is set up on the http server. There is no authentication on the web server,
only on the proxy.