httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache httpd graphical monitor ?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:34:41 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Rose, John B <jbrose@utk.edu> wrote:
> Is there a graphical monitoring tool for Apache httpd that is granular
> enough you can determine if you need to change configuration settings, such
> as you need to change values for  MaxClients, MinSpareServers,
> MaxRequestsPerChild, StartThreads,  etc.
>
> Looking thru the list archives on MarkMail I am not seeing much.
>
> I guess another way to ask, is there some sort of tuning application? An
> analogy might be if you are fine tuning the engine in a race car and you
> hook it to monitoring devices and you see the fuel is mixing too rich, the
> timing is off, etc Or medical monitoring devices, etc.
>
> Any equivalents for Apache?
>
> Thanks

All of the information is available by mod_status, and there are
plenty of monitoring programs out there that can retrieve, visualise
and track this information. We have used munin and nagios before;
we're now using munin - as far as I can tell, they are all much of a
muchness, but our NOC disagrees.

Cheers

Tom