httpd-users mailing list archives

From Igor Cicimov <icici...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rewriting url after routing
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:59:19 GMT
On 09/01/2013 1:36 AM, "Kiran Doshi" <kirandoshi@techie.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not an Apache expert & this is my first question to the form. I hope
I am clear, if not please let me know.

> I have the following requirement :
> I have Pentaho and JBoss servers which sit behind an Apache server. I use
mod_jk in Apache which decides the load balancer based on the application
context.
> Request for pentaho come in the form
> http://localhost/pentaho/ViewAction..........
> On seeing /pentaho context it routes the request to the pentaho load
balancer (configured in worker properties file)
> We now have different types of reports being served by pentaho for which
we are using a virtual sub-context to decide which pentaho load balancer
should handle the request. The request received by Apache now is in the form
> http://localhost/pentaho/qr/ViewAction...........
> http://localhost/pentaho/cr/ViewAction...........
> etc
> So now we configure mod_jk as
> /pentaho/qr    -  pentaho_qr_load_balancer
> /pentaho/cr       -  pentaho_cr_load_balancer
> /pentaho       -  pentaho_lb
> After the request is sent to the correct pentaho load balancer, I need to
strip off the sub-context (/cr, /qr...)
> For this I tried using mod_rewrite.
> However after mod_jk routing the mod_rewrite is unable to rewrite the url.
> If I do a mod_rewrite first, then the request goes to the incorrect
mapping i.e. /pentaho (pentaho_lb)
> Is there anyway to rewrite the url after mod jk, or is there any other
mechanism besides mod jk and mod rewrite to achieve my objective

I dont think so, after mod_jk it is all ajp protocol and is out of apache
control. Look for some rewrite filter in jboss i know tomcat has one.