httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Gross <agr...@gcpsite.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy with Exchange 2010
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 05:56:27 GMT
I am in the process of migrating from Exchange 2007 to 2010 and have hit a snag with the reverse
proxy settings. My httpd.conf file that had been working with Exchange 2007 is as follows:

-----

LogFormat = "%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %refererquot %uaquot"
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

LoadModule  proxy_module         /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule  proxy_http_module    /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule  headers_module       /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule  expires_module       /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_expires.so
LoadFile    /usr/lib/libxml2.so

ProxyPass   /owa                                http://internal_ip/owa
ProxyPass   /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync        http://internal_ip/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

-----

Running on:

VMware 5.1 guest

Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64

Apache 2.2.16 (Debian)

I change the internal_ip from the 2007 server to the 2010 server and I'm unable to use OWA
from a web browser or connect mobile devices. Reverting internal_ip to the 2007 server results
in OWA and mobile devices working for mailboxes on the 2007 server, but no connectivity for
users with mailboxes on the 2010 server. I have spent a few days now trying to find a solution
to this through various channels with no luck. Based on what I have been able to find, it
sounds like this can only be done now through Microsoft ForeFront for some reason (something
to do with M$ using a non-standard protocol), but I'm hoping that isn't the case. I am fervently
hoping someone on this list has had a similar experience and could provide some guidance.
Thank you very much.

Adam Gross | agross@gcpsite.com<mailto:agross@gcpsite.com> | 859-630-8722
My Amazon Wish List: http://amzn.com/w/37BUC6U9ELZEF

believed to be clean.