httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Iliffe <john.ili...@iliffe.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy_html
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:57:31 GMT
I have a mail server with an http interface that I proxy behind the Apache
2.4.2 web server.  In the past it always worked properly with the following
in httpd.conf:

# Surgemail redirect to allow web based e-mail
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName mailx.iliffe.ca
   ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:7080/
   ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:7080/
</VirtualHost>

When I upgraded to Apache 2.4.3 I also upgraded the mail programme and now
the web mail fails to connect with a notice about cookies not being set
properly.

A query to the mail server folks suggests that I add the
ProxyPassCookieDomain directive but this requires mod_proxy_html which
apparently is not shipped with the Apache source.

So, the question: is this really likely to be the problem or do I have some
sort of fuddlefingered typo?

If mod_proxy_html is required now to process reverse proxies I think the
documentation could be improved to emphasize that this module should be
included in the build or problems will arise!

Regards, and thank you.

John