httpd-users mailing list archives

From Miguel Gonzalez <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject [users@httpd] Plesk 11 virtual hosts and port changes
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:28:19 GMT
Dear all,

   I have a VPS with Plesk 11. Although It seems a Plesk issue I'm wondering if anyone in
the list have experienced this.

   I know how to create virtual hosts in Apache and change default ports to different values
but since Plesk is running and have its own settings I would like to keep both, Apache and
Plesk configurations.

   So I did add a domain www2.mydomain.com in Plesk. I had the default domain for the VPS
which was something like virtualmachine1111.myservers.com.

   Since I'm running tomcat in 80 and 443 (SSL) ports I want to move Apache to 81 and 7443
(SSL).

   A few things I've noticed:

   -  Default domain virtualmachine1111 documentroot is set to /var/www/vhosts/virtualmachine1111.myservers.com.
However when I create www2.mydomain.com it creates a structure under /var/www/vhosts but documentroot
is created under /var/www/vhosts/virtualmachine1111.myservers.com/www2.mydomain.com.

   - Following some instructions I created two files in /var/www/vhosts/www2.mydomain.com/conf,
vhost.con and vhost_ssl.conf, however reconfiguring Plesk domains seems to ignore those files.

   So summarizing:

   Anyway to configure my virtual hosts in different ports and setting a different documentroot
like /var/www/vhosts/www2.mydomain.com/httpdocs ?

   Thanks

   Miguel