httpd-users mailing list archives

From Miguel Gonzalez <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject [users@httpd] embedding videos in an Apache server
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:20:05 GMT
Dear all,

  I am pretty new to video streaming so pardon me if my questions are too simple.

  I have configured an Apache Web server for video downloading. My client needs that videos
are embedded for HTML files.

  I have read around and after configuring my apache server with the proper handlers and
AddTypes I see If we want to leverage embedded videos we would need to install a viewer like
SWFObject in our server.

  I have a few questions:

  - SWFObject is the best open source solution available for Apache?

  - Is this tool (or any other tool you recommend) easy for embedding videos for any web
browser? (IE, Firefox, Chrome) ?

  Regards,

  Miguel