httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Frost <fro5...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost configuration not working as expected with ePages solution
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:57:04 GMT
Hi

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful and much appreciated.

I understand your thoughts on the IfDefine Proxy, as you can guess this is something which
Epages put in itself, not anything that I put in or use.

When I remove those tags, the DUMP_VHOSTS output is as expected:

VirtualHost configuration:
>127.0.0.1:443          localhost (/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:81)
>wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
>*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
>         default server url1.mydomain.com (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:243)
>         port 80 namevhost url1.mydomain.com (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:243)
>         port 80 namevhost url2.mydomain.com (/etc/httpd/conf.d/zzz-epages-httpd.conf:260)
>Syntax OK

>At this point, it is starting to work more as expected. URL2.mydomain.com goes to my second
website, but URL1.mydomain.com goes to the default Apache landing page, not to epages. If
I go to the full url (don't normally have to) which would be http://url1.mydomain.com/epages/Store.sf,
I get the following error:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
>The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
The DocumentRoot for epages (the url1 VirtualHost) isn't actually specified in the VirtualHost,
it is specified earlier in the conf file, not in the VirtualHost tags. Putting the DocumentRoot
in the VirtualHost tags for url1 doesnt have any effect.

Please bear with me, and I will post the full config files, hopefully (with much appreciation!)
someone would be able to decipher the epages added in stuff to figure out how it is working.

Thanks again
Tom