httpd-users mailing list archives

From Good Guy <xfs...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Building Apache for Windows
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:20:50 GMT

Somebody should take the responsibility to write the instructions
clearly and succinctly (together with php) so that users can compile the
source files for their own use.    I have been working on 2.2.23 for
about a week to no avail.  Why can't it be as simple as "hello world"
program?

On 07/12/2012 00:33, Alex Chen wrote:
> I tried Visual Studio 2008 first but got a lot error messages saying
> the project files are corrupted. So I resorted to use command line
> tool but it still failed.
> These are the error messages:
> =============
> C:\Projects\Apache\HTTP Server\2.4.3\httpd-2.4.3>nmake /f Makefile.win
> _apacher
> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 11.00.50727.1
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> Please check out or download and unpack the Apache Portability Runtime
> sources (apr, apr-iconv and apr-util) into your srclib dir.
> Apache cannot build without these libraries!
>
> Makefile.win(74) : fatal error U1050: Need srclib\  apr, apr-iconv and
> apr-util
> Stop.
> ===========
>
> I downloaded the dependency library httpd-2.4.3-deps.tar.gz and
> unpacked it.  But it only contained apr and apr-util so I got the same
> error message above.
>
> Any idea how I can build on Windows with either IDE or command line?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On 12/6/2012 3:49 PM, Alex Chen wrote:
>> I am trying to build Apache 2.4 on Windows 7 with Visual Studio
>> 2012.  In the document page
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/win_compiling.html, it says
>> the workspace file to be used is Apache.dsw.  However there is
>> another Apache-apr2.dsw that is newer and has similar projects
>> included.  Which one should I use to convert to new Visual Studio?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Alex

Good Guy
Website: http://mytaxsite.co.uk