httpd-users mailing list archives

From n.weidm...@lombardodier.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OutputFilter redirecting reply for modification
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:07:15 GMT
Daniel,

Thank you for your help !

Happy New Year !

Nicolas Weidmann
Lombard Odier & Cie
T +41 22 709 2317 - F +41 22 709 3782
www.lombardodier.com

From:   Daniel Gruno <rumble@cord.dk>
To:     users@httpd.apache.org,
Date:   21.12.2012 20:11
Subject:        Re: [users@httpd] OutputFilter redirecting reply for
modification

On 12/21/2012 05:21 PM, n.weidmann@lombardodier.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an existing module that can be used as an output filter to send
> the response to another web server to get the final response to send
> back to the client.
> Here comes what I want to achieve.
>
> 4. The output filter intercepts the respons and if the type of the
> document is PDF for exemple, it sends it to another server for
filtering.
> 5. It gets back the respons from this other server
> 6. It sends back to the client the response of this second server
> instead of the original response returned by mod_proxy.
>
> If the file does not need to be filtered (not PDF in my exemple), then
> the output filter does not send it to the other server for filtering,
> but sends
> it back directly with no modification to the client.
>
> Is there such a module?

Yes, two options spring to mind; mod_lua from trunk or mod_ext_filter.
If you're not comfortable using trunk builds, mod_ext_filter is the best
way to go. For more info on this module, please visit
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ext_filter.html

With regards,
Daniel.

This message is intended only for use by the person to
whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. Its content does not
constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier & Cie
or any of its branches or affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank You.