httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Does Apache 'configure' command have a 'clean' option?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:01:27 GMT
On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:46 PM,  <ohaya@cox.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I spent last night pulling my hair out because I was trying to build Apache, but I was
trying different 'configure' commands with different MPM configurations, and it seemed like
when I changed the parameters for configure, it was using old/previous parameters.

> I was doing 'make clean' between attempts at running 'configure', but is there a command/option
for the 'configure' that makes it eliminate options from previous attempts?

> I finally had to delete the entire 'httpd...' directory and untar the source again to
"start from scratch", but it seems like there must be a configure option that does that?

> Jim

configure doesn't remember your options from a previous run, that is
what config.nice does. Where you accidentally running config.nice
instead of configure?

Cheers

Tom