httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Johnson <...@indietorrent.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] MPM module for windows
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:34:52 GMT

On 12/19/2012 11:13 AM, techienote.com@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I have installed apache 2.2 on windows 32 bit edition. I just want to understand
which mpm module I should use for windows.

> As of now we are expecting 6k concurrent user. So what will be the recommended value
for the suggested mpm module. Also is there any other method than server-status to monitor
apache status?

> Cheers,
> Vidyadhar
> Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

My understanding is that you should use the mpm_winnt MPM. On Windows
platforms, this is the only MPM that takes advantage of the operating
system's native capabilities. If you use a different MPM, a POSIX layer
will be used, which one must assume will hinder performance considerably
(and detract from the server's feature-set).

If anyone else knows differently, please chime-in.

-Ben