httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Johnson <...@indietorrent.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Does Apache 'configure' command have a 'clean' option?
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 21:05:02 GMT

On 12/11/2012 3:46 PM, ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I spent last night pulling my hair out because I was trying to build Apache, but I was
trying different 'configure' commands with different MPM configurations, and it seemed like
when I changed the parameters for configure, it was using old/previous parameters.

> I was doing 'make clean' between attempts at running 'configure', but is there a command/option
for the 'configure' that makes it eliminate options from previous attempts?

> I finally had to delete the entire 'httpd...' directory and untar the source again to
"start from scratch", but it seems like there must be a configure option that does that?

> Jim

I don't have much experience with building Apache, specifically, but in
general, "./configure" simply generates the "Makefile". Can you not just
delete the Makefile between attempts?

-Ben