httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Chen <alex_c...@filemaker.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Building Apache for Windows
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 00:33:14 GMT
I tried Visual Studio 2008 first but got a lot error messages saying the
project files are corrupted. So I resorted to use command line tool but
it still failed.
These are the error messages:
=============
C:\Projects\Apache\HTTP Server\2.4.3\httpd-2.4.3>nmake /f Makefile.win
_apacher
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 11.00.50727.1

Please check out or download and unpack the Apache Portability Runtime
sources (apr, apr-iconv and apr-util) into your srclib dir.
Apache cannot build without these libraries!

Makefile.win(74) : fatal error U1050: Need srclib\  apr, apr-iconv and
apr-util
Stop.

I downloaded the dependency library httpd-2.4.3-deps.tar.gz and unpacked
it.  But it only contained apr and apr-util so I got the same error
message above.

Any idea how I can build on Windows with either IDE or command line?

Thanks.