httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Johnson <...@indietorrent.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Able to view .htaccess and .htpasswd files via user-agent under default configuration (Apache 2.4, Win32)
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 22:40:36 GMT

On 12/3/2012 4:07 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
>> --------------------------
>> <Files "index.php">
>>     Require all denied
>> </Files>
>>
>> <FilesMatch "index\.php$">
>>     Require all denied
>> </FilesMatch>
>> --------------------------
>>
>> Any other ideas as to why none of these are effective?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>
> Are you sure these are static files served from disk and not e.g.
> proxied or passed through a CGI?

Hi, Eric, thanks for jumping in here.

Yes, the files are served from disk. I'm working with a pretty simple
installation on my local workstation. No proxying or CGI.

Also, I'm sure that my configuration changes, which I am making in the
server's primary configuration file (httpd.conf), are being interpreted.
If I jam bad syntax into the configuration file, intentionally, Apache
refuses to start and complains about the syntax error.

In other words, I am definitely modifying the correct file, and Apache
is definitely picking-up on the changes.

I'm pretty well stumped here...

Thanks again,

-Ben