httpd-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Moreno <antonio.mor...@codebusters.es>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Compiled/linked executable CGI script crashes when run as CGI, runs to completion when run outside HTTPD
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:17:44 GMT
El 03/12/12 15:37, J.Lance Wilkinson escribiĆ³:
> Title pretty much says it all.
>
> HTTPD is 2.2.15 on RHEL6.
>
> Executable aborts, log files show glibc detected memory issues
> (messages vary).
> Run same executable outside of the CGI environment, on the same host
> and under an unprivileged user (can't run as "apache" because that's
> not a real ID, my sysadmin says), duplicating all input, under a
> debugger and not under a debugger, and it runs to completion with no
> errors.
>
> What could HTTPD as the parent environment be imposing that would
> cause the aborts when they don't occur outside of Apache?  I
> speculated some ulimit kind of thing resulting in less memory actually
> being available for the thousands of malloc() calls the executable
> performs.

Site works on another machine with the same configuration, this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin info@codebusters.es

#default
     DocumentRoot /var/www/

     <Directory /var/www/>
         AllowOverride All
         Order allow,deny
         allow from all
     </Directory>

     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

     # alert, emerg.
     LogLevel warn

     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

     Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
     <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
         Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride None
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
         Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
     </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I copied the directory of the machine that works and I dump the data
base. Thanks.