httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Spam:*********, Re: [users@httpd] How do you implement mod_fcgid?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:22:47 GMT
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:59:41 -0500
John Iliffe <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> wrote:

> That worked, thanks Eric.
>
> It was a positioning problem, mod_fcgid was ahead of mod_unixd in the
> LoadModules list.  I just moved it to the end of the list.
>
> I don't like to criticise, but could the documentation for 2.4 be updated
> to emphasize this requirement?
>
>  http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html
>
> doesn't even mention mod_unixd.

Good point.  I guess the docs were written back in the days when
the unixd functionality was in core (2.2 and earlier).  Ideally
we should abstract the API to avoid this issue, but a note in
the docs makes a good second-best.

If you enter it in bugzilla we'll have no excuse to forget it!
I was thinking about an instant update until I noted mod_fcgid
is still a separate subproject.

--
Nick Kew